Happy Halloween!

by - Wednesday, October 31, 2007


Tonight it's Halloween, and how I wish my little ones would join in the celebrations!

My son has never wanted to dress up or go "trick or treating", and now that he's eleven he's even more reluctant! Little Angel (bless her) is scared to death of anyone dressed up in a spooky costume! She won't even go near the Halloween section in the supermarket as she's frightened that the sinister display will somehow come to life...

Back when I was a kid, I used to plan my costume weeks in advance. I loved Halloween, more for the spirit of the evening than for the sweeties I'd bring home at the end of the night! My friends and I would sit round each other's houses until our parents made us come home, telling each other spooky stories, trying to be the storyteller who could scare the others the most. This year, I'm resigned to watching (slightly) scary movies with my son, who luckily does seem to have inherited my passion for horror flicks!

Wishing all of you a very happy Halloween!

You May Also Like

0 comments