It makes motherhood worthwhile!

by - Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I should have known it was going to be one of those days today as soon as I woke up and realised I'd overslept. But, like any other day, I was cheerful in the hopeful anticipation of a nice, pleasant day. Little did I know what fate had in store for me...

Within an hour of waking, Little Angel had almost wrecked the place. It started with her somehow getting hold of my favorite Dior nail varnish and attempting to paint the carpet. The kids swore it must have been a ghost-no-one would ever give her my most expensive cosmetics to play with.

Apparently.

While I was cleaning up the mess, she then decided to climb up and pull the shampoo from the shelves where I'd thought it would be safe. Then she proceeded to throw toilet paper across the landing. And so on, and so forth.

Until it gets to the point where I really honestly think for a moment that I'm going to lose it completely, and she comes back in from the garden with a wilting daisy in her hand. "Sorry mummy, luv ooh!"

Sweetness personified. It's moments like this that make being a mum worthwhile!

You May Also Like

0 comments