My love of designer cosmetics

by - Sunday, April 22, 2007


I have to admit that I'm a sucker when it comes to expensive make-up. I tell myself that since I don't wear much make-up, it's worth splashing out a little more on something that will make me feel like a godess when I do wear it!

Unfortunately, designer brands are not cheap. In fact, if I want to buy my favorite Chanel lippy I have to save up my make-up allowance for at least a month! Unless, I manage to get it some other way...

My Boots Advantage card is one of the most prized pieces of plastic in my wallet. Each time I make a purchase from the chemist (nappies, baby wipes, shampoo...), I earn points to spend in store, which I usually save for weeks on end to buy myself yummy goddess treats. Like my lipsticks, for instance. Best of all, the scheme is completely free!

Better still, the counter assistants are always helpful and make me feel well-pampered; it doesn't matter to them that the make-up is bought with points, since they still earn their comission from the sale! And so, I come away with loads of samples too-perfume, mascaras, lipgloss. Whatever new ranges are being launched. My make-up bag is crammed with these luscious tit-bits, and for the most part, they didn't cost me a penny!

Now that's a yummy treat for thrifty mums!

You May Also Like

0 comments